- Introduction page 5
- Character List page 6
- Chapter by Chapter Think and Writes
- Chapter 1: Compare and Contrast page 8
- Chapter 1: Active Reading Making Inferences pages 9‐10
- Chapter 2: Historical Context: Non‐Fiction pages 11‐14
- Chapter 3: Critical Thinking page 15
- Chapter 4: Character Burdens page 16
- Chapter 5: Character Traits and Motives page 17
- Chapter 6: Critical Thinking page 18
- Chapter 7: Civil War Critical Thinking page 19
- Chapter 8: The Ideal of Womanhood – Women in the 1860s page 20
- Chapter 9: Social Studies Tie‐In Reading and Writing page 21‐23
- Chapter 10: The P.C. and the P.O. and Your Life page 24
- Chapter 11: Real World Tie‐In Transcendentalists page 25
- Chapter 12: Camp Laurence – Your Life page 26
- Chapter 13: Foreshadowing page 27
- Chapter 13: Literature and Your Life page 28
- Chapter 14: Your Future Dreams – Your Castles page 29
- Chapter 15: Questions with Personal Tie‐In page 30
- Chapter 16: Your Letter to Marmee page 31
- Chapter 17: Penicillin: Science Tie‐In page 32
- Chapter 17: Science Experiment – Growing Mold page 33
- Chapter 18: My Dark Event page 34
- Chapter 19: Conflict and Graphic Novel Activity page 35
- Chapter 20: Confidential: My Bundle of Naughties page 36
- Chapter 21: Critical Thinking page 37
- Chapter 22: What Would My Gift’s Be page 38
- Chapter 23: My Predictions for the Future page 39
- My Little Notebook Instructions page 40‐56
- 1. Literary Terms: Throughout the reading.
- 2. What is Your Favorite Literary Term and Why – Halfway through the reading
- 3. Write and Think: You and the Novel. Which Character Are You Most Like? – After Chapter 10
- 4. What I Think: Are the Character’s Likeable? – Anytime after Chapter 3 (you may want to include this page twice and have
- students re‐do it at the end of the story and compare to see if their perspective changed).
- 5. Social Studies Tie‐In: Feminist Literature Non‐Fiction Read and Write – Anytime after Chapter 14 (2‐3 days)
- 6. Non‐Fiction Tie‐In: Orchard House – The Home of Louisa May Alcott and the Setting for Little Women With Compare and
- Contrast Outline (2‐3 days) ‐‐ more if you assign an essay from the outline
- 7. Opinion Writing – Did you like the way the first part ended?
- End of Part 1 Comprehension Exam page 57
- Exam Answers page 58
- Vocabulary Information page 59
- Vocabulary Assignment page 60
- Vocabulary List 1 for Chapters 1‐23 page 62
- Vocabulary List 2 for Chapters page 66
- Chapter Comprehension Quizzes Chapters 1‐23 page 69
- Chapter Comprehension Quiz Answers page 92
- Chapters 1‐23 Five Minute to Fluency Chapter Summary Drills pages 103‐125
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Little Women: Common Core Aligned Unit for Grades 5-12
Little Women: Common Core Aligned Unit for Grades 5-12 is a standards-based unit study for Little Women Part 1 – which Includes Chapters 1 thru 23 and in some school editions 1-33. This unit study is cross-curricular and Common Core State Standards-aligned. The activities are differentiated and designed to help struggling students understand the content of the novel with chapter-by-chapter reading fluency drills that may also be used as close reading assignments. Also included are cross-curricular science and social studies activities. The chapter “Think and Writes” are great stand alone assignments but are also perfect for Daily Reading and Writing Warm-Up.
Depending on the depth with which you plan to cover this novel – you can also select your favorite “Think and Writes” and add them to the “My Little Women Notebook” packet included.
Table of Contents
Little Women: Common Core Aligned Unit for Grades 5-12 Digital @ www.teachersnotebook.com
Little Women: Common Core Aligned Unit for Grades 5-12 @ www.tes.com
If you are interested in individual student workbooks, at a discounted price, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow me at:
A 134-page no-prep novel unit for Harper Lee's classic -- "To Kill a Mockingbird". This novel unit contains quizzes, com...
Next Generation Science Standard MS-PS2.5 Disciplinary Core Ideas: Heating or cooling a substance may cause changes that can be observ...
The following classroom activities are engaging and deal with HS-PS2 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions. The Chart Can be Found...
Look to Child High Interest Topics Google what you are looking for: "Disneyland Non-Fiction Reader" and be specific. Learn your...